Avi in Platinum without intermediate video data?

Alles zum Thema Wings
Everything concerning Wings
Antworten
Ian Swarbrick
User

First of all - apologies for writing English in a German forum..

My timelapse clips in the lossy avi format* run ok in my vlc player despite the huge file sizes.

I would like to run these in my Platinum 4.25b timeline without having to produce intermediate video data. Then I have a show with audio and in the highest picture quality possible. I realise this can appear to be over-obsessing about image quality but after creating intermediate video data I find ugly banding to be a problem on some of the clips with uniform blue skies, banding that is not visible when running them in the vlc player.
If I disable intermediate video data in the options tag, the avi file will play in the preview screen but in full screen appears as a pixellated grey screen in two-thirds size.

Any suggestions as to how to get original avi files to play in WP without intermediate video data would be very appreciated. Thanks

Ian

* 1920 x 1080 rendered from After Effects
Ian Swarbrick
User

actually I`ve discovered that outputting to Quick Time with tiff codec (the worked time lapse images were already in tif format) works for WP, ie the video is visible in full screen with this wrapper/codec, including where no intermediate video data was produced.
Antworten