How made a Blu Ray ?

Alles zum Thema Wings
Everything concerning Wings
Saulay Pascal
User

Hello,

I'm working in a national park with 8 visitors centers. In each, we have a small cinema room from 15 to 100 people. We have actually 4 Simda 3262 with SmartPax Dataton.

We are going to migrate all that slides projections to videoprojection.

We just finishing a 21mn Wings show (2468 x 1050 - 2,35) and we want to put it in each visitor center. We want to buy video Blu ray to have a very high standard of projection, with FullHD videoprojectors like Epson TW2000 or the futur Canon WUX10.

So...

How can i generate a Blu Ray from wings platinum ? Is it a simple mpg2 to generate ? I don't find any information in the help.

Thanks a lot :-))

pascal
Avttention
Pro User

hallo pascal

blueray is a quite new technologie that is working already for a few producers. anyway, i would recommend not to use it yet, as there are some very well functioning standalone hd players on the market that run off a harddisc. this is to my opinion much more reliable in a professional enviroment. they are very unexpenciv by the way, something like 400 euro. all non pc based and affordable technologys have one thing in common. they can hardly be started in a professional way by some kind of event. they have to be started manualy with an ugly background in the beginning. a modern pc, together with platinum or even sc touchcontrol will give you the full audiance interactivity, will say, you start the presentation from a wellcome loop by eather a button, a touchscreen, a light barryer or what ever. the show than will start blending out of the wellcome loop for example. if you need advice, please dont hesitate to contact me.

kindest regards from
klaus
www.avttention.de
Martin Wronna

Hello Pascal,

Our Distributer in Vienna already produced an Blue Ray Disc. He rendered an mpeg-Video and burned on Blue Ray with Adobe Encore.

Best regards

Martin Wronna
AVStumpfl Team
Saulay Pascal
User

Thanks for those answers. For me, it's not the public people who will start the Blu Ray, but the people in charge of the visitor center. Like that, i have a good qulity, better than a DVD, and i'm not oblige to put a computer. It could be an alternative way...
Martin Wronna

Hello Pascal,

I have some additional Infos for you. The Video that was rendered as a Blue Ray by Adobe Encore:

First steps: Make an Mpeg with Wings Platinum:
Settings: Resolution 1920 to 1080.
25 Frames
Mpeg-Type: MPEG-2
Modus: PAL
Profil/Level: High Profil and High Level
aspect ratio: 16:9
interlaced upper field first
Antiflicker-filter: 0%
Constant Bitrate: 25000

Rendering the Video will last a pretty long time. For sure it depends on the length of the show.
When your mpeg2 is ready you have to burn an Blue Ray with Adobe Encore. but I don't know, if you'll have to change some settings there.
Adobe Encore is rendering the Video with an H.264 Codec.

Best regards

Martin Wronna
AV Stumpfl Team
Saulay Pascal
User

We just bought a BluRay recorder and we'll made a test in few days. I'm going to say you if it's a success !!!

pascal
Saulay Pascal
User

Hi,

We wrote with success Bluray disc for displays shows in visitor center. I put exactly (!) the parameters done above to generate the mpeg with wings. After i use neroVision 5 to make the Bluray interface (3 shows to choose). We use Bluray reader Panasonic DMP-BD30 connected to a Canon Xeed SX60 or SX6. The result is really better than a simple DVD. The using of the system with hostess of reception (not technical people) is fast and easy to explain.

We don't test the difference beetween a computer exe and the bluRay disc. We'll do...

best regards

pascal
Jerome Tischler

Dear Pascal,

Which settings did you use for the burning process itself? Did you just burn the needed folderstructure per Nero Burning Rom? Which type of disc did you use? Which BluRay-Player do you use?

Best Regards

Jerome
AV Stumpfl Team
Saulay Pascal
User

Hi Jerôme,

Sorry Jerôme for this very late answer !

For the parameters i put those given by Martin Wronna of AV Stumpfl Team :

First steps: Make an Mpeg with Wings Platinum:
Settings: Resolution 1920 to 1080.
25 Frames
Mpeg-Type: MPEG-2
Modus: PAL
Profil/Level: High Profil and High Level
aspect ratio: 16:9
interlaced upper field first
Antiflicker-filter: 0%
Constant Bitrate: 25000

We use Bluray reader Panasonic DMP-BD30 connected to a Canon Xeed SX60 or SX6, and Bluray disc Sony BD-RE 25Go and BD-R 25Go.

After i use neroVision 5 to make the Bluray interface (3 shows to choose). It's very easy to use :
- you choose the video in many formats (mpg2, mpg4, avi, vob, divx, wmv...) ;
- you personalise the interface (picture for the background, picture for the buttons, polices...) ;
- you burn the project.

Perhaps the final result would be better if i generated the movies from Wings in AVI.

It would be nice if there was in Wings platinum an option to make a video with H264 codec, or a Bluray format !

best regards

pascal
Norbert Meyer
User

Hi Pascal,

even if Platinum would be able to generate an H.264 Stream this would not be very helpfull to create a Blu-ray Disc with Nero. The reason is that Nero always encode the Video-Stream again, even if the Video is already encoded in H.264. And what happens when an encoded Videostream is encoded again - the quality is going down and the result is bad.
H.264 would be helpfull when you create a Blu-ray Disc with an Authoring-Software like Adobe Encore or Roxio DVDit HD Pro. This software doesn't always re-encode the Videostream. But Encore is no more a standalone Product. It is included in a Package with Premiere an other Video-Software. DVDit HD Pro is available as a standalone Software, but it is not so cheep. You have to pay 499 Euro for this Software.

Did you create your Blu-ray Disc with an Blu-ray Recorder an an Blu-Ray Disc or did you use the AVCHD Burnoption?

I tested the Nero AVCHD Option to create a Blu-ray Disc. With AVCHD you can create a Blu-ray compatible DVD using a normal DVD-5 or DVd-9 Disc. This is very usefull, when you only have short Presentations to burn an an DVD-Disc. A DVD-Disc is not so expansive than an Blu-ray-Disc. Another reason why i tried this way is, that i can replace the encoded Nero Videostream with an non re-encoded MPEG2 Videostream to get a better Quality.
How this works is explained in an Tutorial which you can find here (it is in german language, but it is also available in english somewhere)

http://www.hdtvtotal.com/module-pageset ... -1050.html

I created different types of Discs. The videosize was Full HD (1920x1080, Aspect 16:9). With Platinum i encoded MPEG2 Videostreams in 1080i50(interlaced) and 1080p24(24 progressive Frames/sec). I used the 24 Frames because i am just working on a 3D-Animation Movie Project and because normal Movies also uses the Framerate of 24 Pictures/Sec.
And a Blu-ray Disc contains a Movie in this Format.I tested this Blu-ray Discs with success. They where running on an Samsung and an Panasonic Blu-ray Player as well as on an Playstation. For this test i created an autostart Blu-ray without an menu. A Test-Blu-ray with an menu i just tested successfull on my Computer with Nero Showtime. I will test this Blu-ray also on an normal Blu-ray Player if i have a little more time.
The result with the 24 Frames progressive Video on an Panasonic Player with an 24p Output on an 50" Plasma-Screen which also works with p24 was really excellent.
I encoded the MPEG2 Videostream with the same Parameter shown in this Thread above, except for the Framerate and the Bitrate. The Framerate was 24 Frames progressive and the Bitrate was 30000,20000,10000.

Some further Information about AVCHD and the Blu-ray (White Papers) you can find here

http://www.avchd-info.org/
http://www.videohelp.com/hd#filestruct
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en.html

I'm thinking about to create a new Thread with this Theme in german. But at the Moment i don't know if this of interest for the most Users of Platinum.

best regards

Norbert
Viele Grüsse

Norbert

Fantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn Wissen ist begrenzt (Albert Einstein)
Antworten