Screen problem with sound

Alles zum Thema Wings
Everything concerning Wings
Antworten
jandb

PC-Configuration:
P4 Dual Core 2.4 Ghz, 2GB RAM
VGA: ATI Radeon X1950 512Mb (latest drivers)
Sound: EMU PCI 1616 (latest drivers)
Wings Platinum 3.5 (21/12/07)

Problem:
I use 2 tracks, 1 audio, 1 picture
When I want to see the result in the screen, I get NO audio
When I click twice on the "speaker" in the audio-track-head (disable/enable speaker) or dubble click on audio-trackhead and close, I get sound.
When I move the screen, or close it and re-open, NO sound again.
When using 1 monitor, and full screen, I can't press the speaker in the trackhead.
When using 2 monitors (extended display mode) I can get it work by pressing the "speaker" twice again.

I tried this with the soundcard on the mainboard, then I don't have this problem.

Tried also this:
in DirectX, I disabled VGA direct-3D-acceleration.
Result, No sound problem, but NO video in the screen.

Can someone help me with this.
thx in advance.
Martin Wronna

Dear Jan,

What do you see when you open the Wings Platinum Extras/Options/Global Options/Soundcards? Which device is used?
How many and which possibilities to choose do have in your drop down menu?

Greetings
Martin
jandb

Dear Martin,
tkx for your answer.
When I open in WP3 -extras/Options/Global Options/Soundcards : I see in the list stereo-out E-DSP Wave [CF 100] which is the only choice as
this soundcard is configured as the standard one in Windows. When I swith it off and use the onboard soundcard (motherboard) then I do not
encounter this problem in WP3, but the soundquality is far lower then tusing the E-MU card.
PS : I mentioned this problem also by e-mail strait to AVStumpfl hoping to get a solution for this matter which seems to be very unusual.
Anyway many thanks in advance for taking attention.
Jan.
ProDeFo

Hello Jan,

What I read here is about the same as I had once. When you have installed Wings having two audio cards present this behaviour happens. Wings will see the presence of drivers and concludate that there are more cards available. Best solution is: de-install Wings, delete the drivers for the onboard card and after reboot install Wings again. The dubble click in the speaker will Wings tell to switch to the other board, try to right click on the big speaker and select Properties what number is there given for the chanel?

btw, I think your Dutch so if communicating in Dutch is easier feel free to do so.

Roel
Martin Wronna

Dear Jan,

have you already tried Roel suggestion? I don't know the Emu-Soundcard that you are using. I use an M-Audio Firewire 410 connected by IEEE1394 Firewire. I can use my Realtek HD Output and my different M-Audio Outputs.
It's quiet easy to handle!

Greetings
Martin
Antworten