Pause marker

Alles zum Thema Wings
Everything concerning Wings
Antworten
remko
User

Hello

Is is possible to stop the locator ON the pause marker, and not somewhere near?
Pausemarkers in front of an object needs to be placed .100 sec before the object....
Pausemarkers in an object in front of a fade out needs to be placed .500 before the fade.....

!!!!the problem with the pausemarker only appears with async. soundtracks with the object in loop mode!!!!

It would help us very much if this problem can be solved.

Regards,

Remko Smids
Zuletzt geändert von remko am 28. Jan 2008, 11:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
pro user
Martin Wronna

Dear Remko,

Basicly it depends on the performance of the Computer. The more the CPU is working the further the locater will move after the pause marker.
You can reduce the usage of performance by closing the tracks with grouptracks.

Greetings,

Martin
remko
User

Hello Martin

Thanks for the quick reaction!
What you say is the less the CPU is working the more accurate the pausemarker is?
Is closing the grouptacks the only way to solve the problem?
One of the nice things of wings is the great way to make sound,video ect. visible in the timeline, even during the show.
It would be very nice that i can see everyting and have a more accurate pausemarker....

Greetings,

Remko
pro user
Martin Wronna

Hello Remko,

that's correct. It's one of the ways to save perfomrance. You can also optimize your system in windows for example, it's described in the Online Help. Or close running task in the background of your system.
But what I mentioned is one way to optimize Wings Platinum. You can save CPU-Power by closing the group-tracks because than Wings Platinum does not have to load graphicdata in the timeline.

Greetings

Martin
Michael
User

I got used to close everything in the timeline, even the Previewscreen, to get bether Perfomance. Only the markertrack is open. Still then its not allways shure where the Pause exactly is. A very old WingsPlatinum Problem wich made me often saying during shows: "what the hell..."
Michael
Martin Wronna

Good afternoon Michael and Remko,

just for interest, where do you need the exact stop of the pause-marker? Do you have an example?

Greetings
Martin
remko
User

Hello Martin

I tryed everything to make the CPU use as low as possible but wings won't get much more accurate..
I like to stop the locator on the begining of a pause marker...but ist no problem when it stop each time at the same place after the marker.
For me ist important that the locator stops on the sameplace eachtime.

How do i get exampels to you???

Greetings,

Remko
pro user
Focuswelten
Pro User

Hi!

We also have to deal with this problem. And the onyl way to fix this problem is to set the pause markers a little ahead of the ongoing action. That is not a real problem but it´s very annoying to do this because than You can´t use the magnetic function of WP. And only when I think about it I start to get the "Horst Schlemmer Schnappatmung" :-))

Bye
Beppo - Focuswelten
Josef Niedermeier
www.focuswelten.de
Michael
User

@ Martin
for example i had a show with a classical Orchestra and the show had to stop at a certain point, and with next click the next picture should show up exaxtly on the beat. But i had to set pause a little bit earlier so that the picture does not show up in an unwantet moment. With the next click the picture should come exactly with the beat. But its hard to deal with that, setting pause earlier and getting in right on the beat. I have set pause marker that closed so the picture showed up ons in one of the concerts we had because the curser was running a little bit more over the pause marker. Just one example...

best regards
Michael
remko
User

Hello Martin

The example Michael gives in his reply is the same problem we have.
We sometimes have to stop a sound on a move from an actor, but its difficult if we have push for .5 sec before he moves
to make it sync.
I can make some wings files for you and send them, its more clear to see it in timelines i think.

Greeting,

Remko
pro user
Antworten