Best warping technique for projecting inside a dome

Alles zum Thema Wings
Everything concerning Wings
Antworten
JoeA
User

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best warping technique for projecting onto the interior surface of a large (15m diameter) dome/sphere.

The idea is to place 4 projectors inside the sphere, each projecting onto a quarter of the wall (not all the way up to the top of the roof or down to the floor but just in the middle of the wall), and then warp and blend them together to create a 360 video wall inside the surface of the dome. People then stand inside the dome to view the video.

I will not get a chance to even see this dome in real life until next week, so I am trying to prepare as much as I can beforehand.

I have tried using display warp to make each quarter projection fit onto the wall, but I am worried that the edges will not line up properly, so then I tried using the screen warp function, but it seems like it will be very hard to create smooth warp effect because I have to use such a large grid, and move each node individually.

Are there any other techniques or functions within the warp modes which people would recommend, or which are not described in the help section?

Thank you for any advice.
Antworten