Installation problems with network disk

Alles zum Thema Wings
Everything concerning Wings
Antworten
odekkers

Hello,

First soms information. My computer configuration: PC with Windows Vista (latest service pack) and a network disk (QNAP Turbostation TS-639 Pro). All my userdata are stored on this NAS: in Windows Vista, I changed the location of My Documents, My Music, Desktop and so on to the network disk. I also gave this network disk a drive letter (O:). I have this network device for about half a year and most of the time it works fine.

My problem: trying to install Wings Platinum 4, I experience severe problems. The installation process doesn't like my network drives and aborts. In the logfile, I found this message: "Fehler 1327. Ungültiges Laufwerk". After trying serveral things, I found out I had to change the location of my userdata back to the D-drive (a local disk) and than the installation process continues.

Some notices:
- I think it has nothing to do with the new Platinum 4, I tried it with Platinum 3 and the same problem occurs.
- I install all kind of programs quit often and this is the first program with this kind of problems, so I think it is no generic problem.
- Probable it has something to do with Windows Vista in combination with your installation program: Cuno Wegman told me he had no problems with Windows XP and network drives.

I hope something can be done about this. Probably not much users use network disks at this moment, but professional users will use them more and more.

Kind regards,
Otto Dekkers

PS: I can read answers in German, but it is difficult for me to write in German. I hope this is no problem.
Antworten