Grafische Bugs im Film nach Export

Alles zum Thema Wings
Everything concerning Wings
Lumin
User

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe mit W7 einen Film exportiert der ungewöhnliche grafische Bugs aufzeigt.

Bilder, die eingeblendet werden zeigen eine ca. 3-4 mal wiederkehrende (rythmische) verpixelte Darstellung, so eine art „Pumpeffekt“.
Das Ausgangsmaterial kann es sich sein, da der Film, den ich bereits mehrfach unter WIN 7 (Parallels) ausgegeben habe bislang fehlerfrei lief.
Dauerte zwar quälend lange aber der Export war fehlerfrei.

Das was sich geändert hat ist die Hardware:

Mac Pro 5.1 / WIN 10 SSD
GPU: RX 580 8GB
CPU 2x 6-Core 3.46 GHz
96 GB RAM
Wings 7.3.0

Mac Pro 5.1 / Win 10 auf eigener HDD. MacOs wird somit nicht gestartet, Wings läuft rein unter WIN 10.

Schaue ich mit den Film in der Timline an, ist das Phänomen nicht zu sehen. Kamerafahrten durch Panoramabilder mit 45 MB laufen ruckelfrei,
Bilder werden sauber ein- und ausgeblendet. Der Export für 90 Min Film läuft mit 2,64 x Echtzeit erfreulich flott . Während des Export gibt es keine
Fehlermeldungen.

Das Problem scheint während des Exports zu entstehen: Folgende Einstellungen habe ich:

Format: MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14)
Video-Codec: Intel QuickSync SW H.264 Encoder
Audio-Codec: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
B/H: 3840 x 2160
Bilder/s: 30
Bitrate: 18000 (variable Breite)
Maximale Bitrate: 20000
Audio-Bitrate: 320

Das Phänomen tritt mit Quicktime oder auch mit VLC unter Mac sowie mit dem Standardplayer unter WIN10 auf.
Weiß jemand, was das sein kann? Treiber?

Über Tipps wäre ich dankbar.
danieledb
User

Hello Lumin
I also have the same problem but at the moment I don't have an answer with a solution to give you.
My HW and SW setup is similar to yours and so am I with MP4 export settings similar to the one you used I get a movie with some areas with flickering pixels.
The EXE file is correct and the timeline preview also has no defects.
I did several tests with different MP4 export settings and with Intel QuickSync and Cisco OpenH264 video codecs you get video files with defects.
Only with MPEG-4 part 2 codec can I get a good enough but not perfect video file.
But when you created it on Windows 7 what version of Wings did you use?

Greetings
Daniele
Cuno
Pro User

Hallo Lumin,

Ich würde zuert tippen auf eine höhere Bitrate.
Die verwendete Werte (für 4K-Auflösung) sind wesentlich geringer als eine Blu-Ray für Full-HD verwendet (Blu-Ray hat 25.000kbps max).
In der Niederländische Anwendergruppe wird meist mit Werte von 40.000 bis zu 80.000 gearbeitet und gute Resultate erreicht.

Hello Daniele,

My first suggestion would be: increase the bitrate.
Blu Ray delivers up to 25.000kbps just for full HD video.
For 4K video, many of the Dutch users of Wings Platinum use bitrates in the order of 40 to 80K kbps. With good results.
AVe,
Cuno
Lumin
User

danieledb hat geschrieben: 12. Jan 2021, 17:19 Hello Lumin
I also have the same problem but at the moment I don't have an answer with a solution to give you.
My HW and SW setup is similar to yours and so am I with MP4 export settings similar to the one you used I get a movie with some areas with flickering pixels.
The EXE file is correct and the timeline preview also has no defects.
I did several tests with different MP4 export settings and with Intel QuickSync and Cisco OpenH264 video codecs you get video files with defects.
Only with MPEG-4 part 2 codec can I get a good enough but not perfect video file.
But when you created it on Windows 7 what version of Wings did you use?

Greetings
Daniele
Hello Daniele,
It always worked with 7.1.0 an the MacPro 3.1 without any problems.
after my hardware upgrade to MacPro 5.1 I used 7.3.1.
As Cuno wrote, I try the one higher bitrate as recommended.

i will test this in the next days and post the results

Greetings Lumin
Zuletzt geändert von Lumin am 13. Jan 2021, 14:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Lumin
User

Cuno hat geschrieben: 12. Jan 2021, 21:04 Hallo Lumin,

Ich würde zuert tippen auf eine höhere Bitrate.
Die verwendete Werte (für 4K-Auflösung) sind wesentlich geringer als eine Blu-Ray für Full-HD verwendet (Blu-Ray hat 25.000kbps max).
In der Niederländische Anwendergruppe wird meist mit Werte von 40.000 bis zu 80.000 gearbeitet und gute Resultate erreicht.

Hello Daniele,

My first suggestion would be: increase the bitrate.
Blu Ray delivers up to 25.000kbps just for full HD video.
For 4K video, many of the Dutch users of Wings Platinum use bitrates in the order of 40 to 80K kbps. With good results.
Hallo Cuno,

vielen Dank für den Hinweis. Ich teste das in den nächsten Tagen und poste die Ergebnisse.

Beste Grüße
Lumin
Gucki
Pro User

Hallo Forum ,

mir fällt spontan ein:

CPU 2x 6-Core 3.46 GHz ..... kann die mit Quicksync arbeiten ? Quicksync nutzt ja die CPU Grafik dafür.
Ich weiss dass einige Notebook CPUs abgespeckt sind . Einfach mal ein kurzes Stück mit einem anderen Codec rendern.
Außerdem mal im Bios schauen denn soweit ich weiß musste der Grafikteil der CPU "enabeld" werden

Grüße Heinz-Jürgen
Achte auf Deine Gedanken, sie sind der Anfang Deiner Taten.
danieledb
User

Buonasera a tutti

For Lumin:
I am working with iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) SSD + I7 + 16 Gb Ram and AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB
and with Wings 5.20.4 with Windows 7 before and Windows 10 after no problem in creating mp4 video files.
Your pc is more powerful but you have the same problem now.

For Cuno:
A good full HD 1920x1080 video file is enough for me, I have tried many configurations with Intel QuickSync but without obtaining appreciable improvements.
I used Wings presets and even changing the preset values the situation with Intel QuickSync does not improve.
Only with Cisco OpenH264 you get better but not perfect video files. And with the MPEG-4 part 2 codec the file is discrete with some very small, barely perceptible jitter.

For Gucki:
This is the line that appears in the story when I start Wings 7.3.1:
Monitor 1 (Pri) -> Windows: 1 -> D3D: 0 (1024 MB, 4x AA) \\.\DISPLAY1 (Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM))
My guess is that Parallels completely manages the graphics part of the virtual machine by blocking the direct dialogue between Wings and the graphics card and CPU.
In fact, trying on an original Windows PC in this Wings startup line I see the nVidia GTX card and its 4 Gb of RAM memory.

If my hypothesis is true we have no way out ... we have to wait for the future developments of Parallels, I currently use version 16.xx.
I hope that in the Forum there are other users who use MacOs + Parallels + Wings 7.xx to have some information or suggestions about it.

Thanks everyone for the answers.
Daniele
Cuno
Pro User

@ Lumin:
Mac Pro 5.1 / Win 10 auf eigener HDD. MacOs wird somit nicht gestartet, Wings läuft rein unter WIN 10.
Ich verwende kein Mac, aber ich weiß dass Parallels ein virtuelle Machine auf den Rechner (Mac) erstellt, in der Wndows ausgeführt wird, während MacOS auch noch aktiv ist.
Nur bei Bootcamp funktioniert der Mac als reiner Win10-Rechner.
Eine virtuelle Machine hat eigentlich immer beschränkungen in der direkte Zugang zur Hardware.

@ Gucki:
QuickSync gibt es "nur" auf Intel-Prozessoren die die Grafikkern enthalten. In Computer mit echte Grafikkarten werden oft Prozessoren ohne eigene Grafikkern verwendet. Hier sind alle Prozessoren mit QuickSync aufgelistet: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... Video=True.

@ Gucki, Lumin, Daniele
Alle verfügbare Codecs sollten [bei gleicher Einstellungen, z.B. H.264], (fast) dasselbe Resultat erreichen. Die größte Unterschiede betreffen die Geschwindigkeit (wie gut werden Grafikchips verwendet: hardware Codec oder software Codec).
Dann ist der Bitrate das wichtigste Element um die Bildqualität zu regulieren.
Und achte darauf: Wings stellt ziemlich gute Codecs zur verfügung (vor allem Wings 7) ABER sie sind nie mit professionelle Codecs von Filmstudios zu vergleichen. Dann würde Wings das hundertfache oder tausendfache kosten...
AVe,
Cuno
Gucki
Pro User

Hello Forum,

@Lumin, Daniele

as I used a Macbook pro in past everybody told me to use Bootcamp not Parallels - not only to have a better performance. So I worked with Bootcamp and Win 7/10.
Macbook pro hardware worked very fine , but all the terrible Apple apps - not my world this system ,lot of restrictions a.s.o.

Best with my Macbook pro was the hardware and Bootcamp +Win7/10
:roll: so I sold it off and I'm working with Win PC's , Asus laptops and Android mobile now.......all is running fine

Best Regards Heinz-Jürgen
Achte auf Deine Gedanken, sie sind der Anfang Deiner Taten.
danieledb
User

Buonasera a tutti,
First thank you for your answers and then I would like to add the results of multiple tests done in recent days with a friend who uses an Apple HW with Parallels.
I have seen that the same video creation problem I also find in Wings 6.70, indeed in some projects the video is empty with only audio.
So with this friend we did the test of the same project and also others on Wings 6.40 without finding any defects in the videos created with Intel QuickSync.
Checking with MediaInfo we saw that the videos were created with 2 different releases of the same codec.
Wings 6.70 uses release 58.xxx and Wings 6.40 uses release 57.xxx instead.
The differences between Wings versions 6.40 and 6.70 are not described in the Help file (I could not find any information about it).
But by browsing in the DLLs folder of the 2 versions which also contains the libraries of the codecs used to create the video files, you will find the same files but of different releases.
The same version 58.xxx is also found in Wings 7.xx.
And here is the probable origin of the problem that we Parallels users have: the transition to the new version 58.xxx of the codecs does not seem to have been appreciated by Mac + Parallels + Windows 10 + Wings 6/7.
I just add that even the Wings presentation is not seen well but it is quite logical because it is an H264 file created with Intel QuickSync.
For video creation I think I'll try to use other codecs with other formats or try BootCamp as Gucki suggested.
Greetings
Daniele
Antworten